Saturday 23 March 2013

The week that was...

Our house has been hit with the nasty tummy bug that seems to be doing the rounds at the moment. I woke up ill on Monday, but being a mum had to soldier on—dropped hubby off at work, pulled up at home where Leila promptly vomited her weetbix up in her car seat, threw her in the bath, cleaned car, made Mahlia's lunch and got her to school within half an hour. Then took the dogs for a run before heading home and collapsing on the lounge chair/cuddling the toilet. It had to happen on the day that hubby was working 12 hours as well. Luckily Leila was fine for the rest of the day, and I woke up much better the following day.

You always want your mum when you're ill, don't you? My subconscious made me dress in a top that I hadn't worn since I was at my parent's in the UK at Christmas. It smelt of mum's washing powder, and just made me feel a little bit better.

This week is Leila's last as a one-year-old. She is still my baby, we still have bubba cuddles. And to mark the week, she fell back to sleep in my arms after her nap on Thursday.

And today we were meant to go to the zoo for Leila's birthday outing. Mahlia had different ideas. She woke at 1am this morning and threw the mother of all tantrums. She was inconsolable. It was sticky hot which didn't help. At 2.30am I finally managed to calm her. Leila awoke not long after. Tag teaming between the 2, it was a long night. Mahlia woke this morning, surprise, surprise in the foulest of moods.  I persevered and packed everyone up in the car—we WILL have an amazing day, girls will sleep on the way to Taronga and wake up full of beans. Less than 2 minutes from home, Mahlia: "I think I'm going to be sick" from the back of the car. Pull-over too late, weetbix covered car... again. So the zoo has been postponed until Friday, the car has been cleaned again (apart from the annoying electric window button that I can't get into to... yuck), and I have spent lots of hours cuddling Miss Mahlia in bed and catching up on sleep. I'm hoping she will awake in the morning feeling better... my other baby:

And to top off a bad week, my uncle is seriously ill over in Perth. I feel for my mum, being so far away.

I hope you've had a healthier week! I'm looking forward to celebrating next week with Leila's birthday, followed by the zoo and then Easter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment