Saturday 29 March 2014

13 – 52

A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2014.




Mahlia: I've taken to bathing the three kids together, and Mahlia helps me by holding Archer, and Leila 'helps' by pouring water on him. Mahlia loves mothering him and being given the responsibility of looking after him. She's excited about Leila going to school with her next week too.

Leila: My baby girl turned three this week. We celebrated with pancakes at breakfast, followed by present opening. She asked for a school bag and a guitar. She got both, together with some Shirley Hughes books (she loves them!), and some clothes. Daddy took her to kinder gym where she played with her best friend Maeve, then we went out for sushi. Her birthday dinner request was roast chicken, and a strawberry and chocolate cake. My feisty little girl is growing up so fast, and she starts at Montessori on Monday!

Archer: He loves his sisters so much, and always has a smile for them. He keeps an eye out for me at all times though, glancing back to check I'm still there for him. He's found his hands and is sucking and gnawing at them frequently, which comes with lots of dribbles! He loves being in the water and kicks frantically until he splashes himself in the face and gives himself a shock, but gets straight back into it.

Joining in with Jodi at Practising Simplicity

No comments:

Post a Comment